Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Back to Tokyo

I'm heading back to what seems fast on the way to becoming my second home this Friday, for a short five-day trip of interviews and meetings. I've got four interviews definitely scheduled, with a couple of more in various states of flux.

Exact details will be posted later this month, but here are some hints. One is with a pink filmmaker who was hired by Shochiku to direct a now-classic (and infamous) action film in the 1980s. One is with a prolific Toei 70's director who's worked with some of the biggest names in Japanese action cinema. One is with a man who's spent his life in the world of martial arts, as well as screenwriting, acting and other endeavors, possibly of a not-quite-legal nature. And one is with someone who manages and produces films for one of the biggest names in Japanese entertainment.

Wish us luck that everything comes off well, and that we come back with good stories to tell.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael LaPenna said...

I was hoping you might add me to your blog roll at
http://artfromtheoutskirts.today.com

http://waxingpoetically.today.com

Best,

Mike

9:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In the words of Veruca Salt, "I want it Now!" (and an oompa luumpa) I'm braindead, so I'll have to wait for the surprise. Good news none the less.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home